Participants in the Laugavegur Ultra Marathon can register for a team competition (sveitakeppni). In each team, there should be four runners and their aggregate time will count in the competition. It is possible to register three kinds of teams, the first team of each type will get a prize:
- Female team – 4 female runners in a team
- Male team – 4 male runners in a team
- Mixed team – 2 female and 2 male runners in a team
It is possible to register for the team competition on the runner’s page, “Your page” until July 1st. Team registration can also be done at the race packet pickup but then all participants have to sign a form. Registration for the team competition by e-mail is accepted if sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . All team members have to be in cc of that e-mail and have to reply and confirm that they would like to be in the team before, 17:00 on Friday, July 12th.
TEAM COMPETITION RULES
- Any participant can form a team.
- There are three types of teams: female teams, male teams, and mixed teams.
- Participants must first register for the race and pay the entry fee before they can register for the team competition.
- Team registration is free of charge.
- One member of each team should register his/hers team and is responsible for letting other members know about the registration.
- The registration for the team competition should be done on “Your page” the runner’s page while on-line registration or extra information registration is still open (until July 1st).
- When on-line registration ends it is not possible to change a team unless all team members sign a form or with confirmation from each team member by e-mail to email@example.com.
- Complaints regarding the team competition must be brought to the race staff no later than 30 minutes after the last runner finishes the race.