The Ultra Trail Nuuk is a 72 km mountain race.
This race is not meant for walkers, only experienced runners. Those who have reached the age of 18 are allowed to participate in the race. They need to be in a very good physical shape and are able to fulfil the following:
- Have a good running background and be experienced in running off track races for at least 30 km (18.6 miles)
- Know their limitations and are mentally able to help them selfs when needed in difficult circumstances.
- Due to security reasons, all participants must have a space blanket and a whistle (Satelite spot will be given on security check) with them during the race. Before participants start running, race officials will do a security check to make sure everyone has those tree things with them. If you fail to bring these things, additional 60 minutes will be added to your finishing time as a penalty.
- Understand that this race has time limits and a cut off time at 11 hours exiting the drinking station at kobberfjord and train with the time limit to finish of 17 hours , as a guideline. Click here for further information about the cut-off time.
- Know and understand the importance of appropriate attire and nutrition. For further information read about runners preparation.
- Are willing and able to study and follow the race rules and the race plan.
- Will sign the terms of the race when picking up their race package. Read the terms here.